Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining discloses our privacy practices for our online information gathering process and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we have made it available on our homepage, under the Welcome tab, General Information, Policies.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
What Personally Identifiable Information Is Collected from You Through the Web Site
We, Bartley House Publications (BPH), are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We gather two basic types of information through the Site: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual (“Personal Information”) and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person’s specific identity (“Non-Personal Information”).
Personal Information: You do not have to provide Personal Information to use the Site. However, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to use some of our services. For example, when you submit an order you must establish a personal account with a password-protected access.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
On some website pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Email address Phone number
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
Name Address Phone Number
Non-Personal Information: When you visit and interact with our website, we and our service providers and business partners may collect Non-Personal Information from sources such as server log files, environmental variables (such as your IP address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version) and from scanning navigational data to collect Non-Personal Information about our users in order to help us deliver better service and user experience.
The Information We DONT Collect
Credit/Debit Card Information
Personal Information, such as, age, ethnicity, etc.
Social Security Number
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We use “cookies” on this website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a website visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our website and identify repeat visitors. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
The Way We Use Information
We may use personal information you provide about yourself:
- Fulfillment of Request: We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such information was provided (placing an order to simply complete that order or other transactions). We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Administrative Communications: From time to time we may send you service announcement updates with important information about Bartley House Publication. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, therefore members may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register with our website, through the Contact Form, if you would like to receive our updates on our new products, special sales and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
- Surveys & Contests: Periodically our website requests Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). The Personal Information collected is only used for purposes of improving user satisfaction with Bartley House Publications’ (BHP) products and services, or in some cases, Personal Contact Information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. No Personal Information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain programs Bartley House Publications (BHP) offers. BHP always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
- Customer Service: Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as Contact Form, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Combining Information: At times, we may combine Personal Information collected from our Site and other information you shared with us to customize our service to you and improve your experience. For example, we may recommend products or offers you may be interested in based on what you have liked in the past, or remind you that you have an “active” shopping cart waiting for you. Additionally, in order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources. For example, we use the US Postal Service’s national change of address database in order to verify customer mailing addresses.
- Law Enforcement: Emergencies; Compliance: Bartley House Publications (BHP) may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don’t share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of BHP, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent of the law allows, disclosure of your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
- In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in Louisiana, while a different percentage live in Texas, Arkansas or Mississippi.
- In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
- Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access, Control Or Correct Your Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the Contact Us Form provided (see How to Contact Us below) on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.
To contact us, on our website’s home page; select the Welcome tab, then select the Contact Us tab. Complete the form and press Submit (toward the bottom of the page). We will return your email as soon as possible.
This web site contains links to some of our other sites. Please be aware that we maintain the same policies and practices for all of our sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Third Party Sites
Changes and Notification
Our website is controlled and operated by us from the United States of America, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States of America. We do not represent or warrant that the Website, or any part of the Website, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access our website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit our website’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.